Preventing bullying and intolerance can be part of your daily curriculum. Using Not In Our School films and lesson plans, students learn to think, analyze, speak articulately on many topics and understand the importance of safe physical and emotional school climates.
- Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events.
- Produce clear and coherent writing icluding development, organization, and style.
- Conduct short research projects to answer a question.
- Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions.
- Delineate a speaker’s argument and claims.
- Include multimedia components and visual displays in presentations to clarify information.
- Plan and deliver an informative/explanatory presentation.
- Write arguments focused on discipline-specific content.
- Draw evidence from informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects to answer a question (including a self-generated question) or solve a problem.
- Practice appropriate ways to respect and include others who are different from oneself.
- Promote a bully-free school and environment.
- Object appropriately to teasing or bullying of peers based on personal characteristics and perceived sexual orientation.
- Explain how witnesses and bystanders can help prevent violence by reporting dangerous situations.
- Recognize diversity, including disability, gender, race, sexual orientation, and body size.
- Design a campaign for preventing violence, aggression, bullying, and harassment.
- Promote a positive and respectful school environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a positive peer role model in the school and community.
- Explain the effects of violence on individuals, families, and communities.
- Describe how social environments affect health and well-being.
- Use a decision-making process to analyze the benefits of respecting individual differences.
Summary of Key Standards Grades 9-12
California Health Education Content Standards Aligned to Not In Our School Lessons
Summary of Key Standards Grades 6-12