Middle School (6-8)
High School (9-12)
Find previews and information about Class Actions at niot.org/ClassActions
Written by: Julie Mann, Newcomers High School teacher, and Joe Lobozzo, Lakewood High School teacher
- How would you feel as a student of color at Ole Miss while students chant “The South Will Rise Again”?
- How do you feel about the student group who met to fight against the discriminatory chanting?
- How do you feel about the chancellor’s decision to stop the discriminatory chant at the football games?
- Here are the words of the University of Mississippi Creed. What does it mean to you?
The University of Mississippi is a community of learning dedicated to nurturing excellence in intellectual inquiry and personal character in an open and diverse environment. As a voluntary member of this community:
I believe in respect for the dignity of each person
I believe in fairness and civility
I believe in personal and professional integrity
I believe in academic honesty
I believe in academic freedom
I believe in good stewardship of our resources
I pledge to uphold these values and encourage others to follow my example.
- One student said “We’re turning our back to hate and changing it to love.” What does this mean to you?
- What risks do people in this part of the film take by acting? Why is it worth it for them to take those risks?