Media Nonprofit Operations and Administrative Manager
Not In Our Town is a national nonprofit strategic media and community engagement organization working to stop hate and build diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek a skilled and committed colleague to support our small team with ongoing organizational needs, community action, fundraising and media outreach.
NIOT strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. In line with NIOT’s commitment to building an inclusive staff, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Operations and Administrative Manager is a vital leading team member who will work closely with the Co-Directors and a small staff and consultants to ensure smooth and effective operations across the organization, in addition to supporting fundraising, coordination of special projects, and institutional needs. This is a mostly virtual position at 30 hours/week.
Essential job functions include maintaining organizational general operations and procedures, assisting with internal and external event production and logistics, supporting the administrative needs of senior leadership and staff, overseeing maintenance of databases, record-keeping, and general communications.
Org-wide Operations & Administrative
- Manage a complex and frequently changing organization-wide schedule and operationswith tact, sensitivity, and efficiency
- Coordinate general office operations, including but not limited to: staff meetings, scheduling, mail distribution (internal and external), media sales fulfillment, office supplies, phone support, and light IT support
- Manage additional admin support staff
- Respond to general phone and email requests for information, ensuring communications are passed on to the appropriate staff member
- Assist with staff recruitment and onboarding, as needed
- Oversee travel arrangements for Directors,production and program staff travel arrangements
- Carry out and oversee basic data entry and update office records and documents on a regular basis
Development & Communications Support
- Assist the organization with fundraising, community engagement, and other events (on-site and out of the office); some evening events required
- Coordinate production of graphics and materials
- File grant proposals and copy edit documents and other materials
- Assist with producing presentation decks for external events using Microsoft PowerPoint, including layout and copy editing
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Highly organized, proactive, self-motivated, resourceful, adaptable, and committed to problem solving.
- At least five years of professional experience in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment
- Strong interest and alignment with NIOT’s mission to address hate and bullying and build safe inclusive communities for all and genuine interest in working in the nonprofit sector.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills--written and verbal
- Positive attitude, customer service mentality, intellectual curiosity, and a good sense of humor
- Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Advanced skills in office productivity technology and collaboration tools including Microsoft Office and Google Apps; experience utilizing CRM databases a plus
- Graphic design experience and familiarity with Adobe InDesign a plus
This position reports to the Directors in Milwaukee and Oakland
This is a 32 hours/week (0.75 FTE)- 40 hour/week (FTE) position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Employment benefits include medical, vision, and dental care, as well as paid time off per year and holiday closures.
To be considered as an applicant:
Please email a PDF resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications for this position to email@example.com . Include in the subject line “NIOT Operations and Admin Manager.” Application should also include a writing sample (development related is a plus), and at least three references. Resumes without a cover letter, writing sample, and references will not be reviewed. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
NIOT is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org  or (510) 268-9675.