This manual from the Community Relations Service (CRS) provides guidelines and procedures to address the needs of transgender and gender non-conforming employees. The CRS is a U.S. Department of Justice agency and is the Federal government's "peacemaker" for community conflicts and tensions arising from differences of race, color, and national origin.
From the manual: Law Enforcement and the Transgender Community
- Build trust and rapport with the community, victims, and witnesses
- Improve mutual respect and understanding
- Properly identify and respond to hate crimes
- Develop a network of reliable resources
- Serve communities more effectively
- Learn relevant terminology
- Understand misconceptions that impact the prevention of and response to hate crimes
- Develop an awareness of strategies and resources for successful collaboration
Click here to download "Law Enforcement and the Transgender Community" Training Preview from the Community Relations Service.
Contact the Community Relations Service at www.justice.gov/crs.