Not In Our Town is a movement to stop hate, address bullying, and build safe, inclusive communities for all. Not In Our Town films, new media, and organizing tools help local leaders build vibrant diverse cities and towns, where everyone can participate.
Our unique approach is based on the premise that real change takes place at the local level. We focus on solutions to inspire and empower communities to create a world where:
- All residents stand together to stop hate and promote safety and inclusion for all
- Students and school leaders work to prevent bullying and intolerance, and promote kindness
- Law enforcement and communities join forces to prevent hate crimes and violence
What You Will Find on NIOT.org
NIOT.org is home to films and tools to use in your community or school.
- 100+ short films that can spark community dialogue
- 50+ school films with accompanying lesson plans and activity guides
- Sample materials from towns who have stood up—and worked to prevent hate and intolerance from taking a hold in their communities
- Special video collections include what to do when a hate group comes to town, how to address hate on your campus, and how to start an anti-bullying campaign.
Get started with the Not In Our Town Quick Start Guide.
Connect with Not In Our Town
Email and Phone: Connect with us at email@example.com or 510-268-9675 and learn more about how to start a Not In Or Town campaign, start a NIOT group in your town, launch a Not In Our School project, host a screening, or share your story with us.
Social Media: You can also join the Not In Our Town network by subscribing to our eNews and following us on Facebook.