About What do YOU say?
This unique web feature is created for educators to use with their students. Each month we feature a new question.
This contest is closed for 2012. Read about the 2012 winners.
Take The Not in Our School What do YOU Say Video Challenge: Win $100
Not In Our School is proud to share student-made videos as part of our series. Your students can also produce short videos on important topics. Between January and April 30, 2012, students can produce What do YOU say? 1-minute videos and submit them to NIOS. We will judge the videos and select the three winners and up to 10 runners-up that will be posted to the website each month for the next year. The winners will receive a $100 prize and the runners-up will receive a certificate.
Here is what you do:
1. Select one of the following topics:
- Welcoming School Environment
- Ending Bullying
- Celebrating Diversity
- Creating safe school for LGBTQ students
- Speaking Up
- Rumors can hurt
- Invent your own Not in Our School topic
2. Generate a "What do you say?" question
- How can we stop cyberbullying?
- What do you say to “That’s so gay?”
3. Have students write scripts, film, and edit their pieces
4. Obtain releases (attached) for the students in the films
5. Complete the registration form and submit the film by April 30