Not In Our Town
National Leadership Gathering
Participants at the National Leadership Gathering in Billings, MT
"The NIOT National Leadership Gathering was one of the most diverse conferences I've ever attended, not only ethnically, but geographically, across age groups, perspectives, occupation and experience. I've seen the Not In Our Town films and resources, but I finally was able to witness the impact of NIOT on the ground, and it was phenomenal."
—Nazmia Comrie, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, U.S. Department of Justice
In June 2014, local leaders from around the country came together for three amazing days of storytelling, idea sharing, and action planning. Our common goal was simple: Let’s build safe, inclusive communities for everyone.
Nearly 200 civic, community, school and law enforcement leaders came together in Billings, Montana from 46 cities in 21 states.
Learn more about the Gathering:
- Video: Leaders Across the U.S. Gather to Stop Hate, Together: 3-minute video with highlights from the Gathering.
- What Was Your Favorite Moment at the National Leadership Gathering? A member of the NIOT team reflects on the Gathering with responses from across the NIOT network.
- Taking NIOT Home: Hometown newspaper coverage of NIOT groups at the Gathering
- Recognizing Differences: College student Luke Grabski writes, “If I learned anything from the NIOT National Leadership Gathering and the people there, it’s that I can personally make a difference.”
Keep the Momentum Going:
- Get your Not In Our Town T-shirt
- Download a Quick Start Action Guide for Communities and Schools
- Get a Free DVD to screen Waking in Oak Creek in your town or school
We thank the participants of the Not In Our Town National Leadership Gathering for making the journey and sharing their stories. Together, we can stop hate. Together, we can build safe, inclusive communities for all.