Building Self-Confidence in LGBTQ Youth to Disempower Hate
NIOS is publishing blogs with the voices of LGBTQ students, teachers and community members weekly through Gay and Lesbian Pride month in June. This is the second blog post in our series. Please share these stories on Facebook and retweet them for everyone to join the powerful movement of equality that crosses all races, religions and nationalities.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help and support, and don’t be afraid to offer it.
- Building each other up and working as a community strengthens us as individuals.
- Make sure to find inspiration in people around you—and be someone others can find inspiration in.
- Your accomplishments renew your own strength and give strength to others.
- Make a promise with your friends to keep each other safe from the ravages of fear and doubt.